Ford Powerstroke 03-07 6.0L Discussion of 6.0 Liter Ford Powerstroke Turbo Diesels

tighten stc fitting and harder start when hot

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default tighten stc fitting and harder start when hot

so had to go back into the hell hole of the 6.0 (hpop) and i tightened up my stc fitting and now it seems like its making to much compression when its hot. causing it to not turn over at its normal speed. im confused here.

also i still cant find where my coolant leak is. i tightened up the rubber tube and the rubber donut and its still leaking. im not sure where from though.

any help?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 630 Likes on 510 Posts

No way to monitor ICP?

Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

i dont have a way to check idc. ive been thinking about getting a ae tester but im not sure if im ready to spend that much money . if i unplug the icp sensor im getting the same results. ive been told that if you unplug it, (if it is the icp) it will fire up right away

Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM
BOMBARDIER

Right, I'm not really suspecting the ICP sensor itself, rather the entire high pressure oil system. It would be nice to know what injection pressure is regardless. Even if you unplug the ICP and the PCM defaults to it's 2000psi or whatever it does, it's still only "desired" ICP, and not actual. Actual is what we want to know.

Are your batteries getting weak by chance from cranking on it so much? Does it fire up or just spin over slow?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

when its cold, it definitly sounds like its not ideal rpm's but enough to start it. when its hot and i crank it, its definitly slow. really slow. it sounds like theres a huge load on it. like it wants to crank at ideal but somethings holding it back. i know the batteries are on thier way out the door. and they need to be replaced.

i tried calling oriley and pulling the i cant find my receipt trick and they wont do it.

so im gonna have to bite the bullet and make the purchase. for having this truck for only 6 months and having this many problems so far, im gettin preatty angry

Old 11-29-2012, 03:28 PM
BOMBARDIER

The grass isn't always greener bud...

Get new batteries and go from there. These trucks thrive on good batteries. With weak batteries there are a TON of issues that arise... they wont even shift correctly with weak batteries.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

yeah. i just keep looking at it in the way that if i do it now and get it over with, she will be better to me in the days to come.

i do notice a lot of hard shifts when its cold i dont know it its cold tranny fluid or batteries. i should come back from the desert with a good chunk so everythings gonna be gone through

Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dkapp0802
i dont have a way to check idc. ive been thinking about getting a ae tester but im not sure if im ready to spend that much money . if i unplug the icp sensor im getting the same results. ive been told that if you unplug it, (if it is the icp) it will fire up right away

If you are talking about Auto Enginuity I recently bought one. Yea it may be a big hunk of change to put out but if you just start replacing this or that part it may cost you waaaaaay more.

Don't get me wrong - for sure I am no diesel mechanic but this forum has taught me alot.
With the AE package I have started checking things out and figuring out what I will really need. Still in the learning process but damn sure headed in the right direction.

If you decide to get the AE package check out KT Performance - one of the sponsors here.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:44 AM
BOMBARDIER

KT is where I got mine as well, Kenny is a real nice guy to deal with.