Dodge Truck and Cummins Turbo Diesel Forum Discussion of General Topics related to All Cummins Engines or Dodge Trucks

EMS OFFROAD Free Spin Kit.....

Old 01-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts
Default EMS OFFROAD Free Spin Kit.....

Ordered mine day before yesterday........less than 1800 plus shipping......

comes with new rotors, all four 35 spline axles including single piece long side and CAD delete kit, the stub shafts are 4340 chromoly and the inners are 4130 Moser's, wheel bearings, races, spindles, custom lockouts they are developing for no extra charge, all new spider gears and cross pin and cross pin bolt, they dont include U-joints but im still debating on what ones in going to get, ill probably go to the local driveline shop and just get their best 1480's, the only thing left i got to get is my dually adapters from Arrow Craft and the front end will ALMOST be ready to pull.....

Give Tom or Eric a call at EMS Offroad, they are great guys and i spent about 25 minutes BSing with Eric on the phone about there stuff.....he never tried to sell me a thing other than what i wanted.....these are good guys and im going to be pushing their stuff from now on to people i sell to.....he was waiting for his new shipment of inner axles to come from Moser so he isnt charging my debit card til the shipment arrives and mine will be the first shipment out the door.......

EMS Offroad

DONT WORRY IF THEY DONT ANSWER JUST LEAVE A MESSAGE WITH YOUR NAME, NUMBER, OR EMAIL AND THEY WILL DO THEIR BEST TO CALL YOU BACK.......IT TOOK ME A FEW DAYS TO GET AHOLD OF THEM......

Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I did the Dynatrac free spin kit. It really does make a little differance on fuel mpg. and low range in 2wheel drive is nice for backing up.
Never heard anything bad about EMS's kit. I went with the one that could get me the parts the fastest.

Arrow craft kind of ticked me off when I ordered the kit I told them I had american force 10 hole adaptors. The lady said they would work. Well they didn't fit arrow crafts studs were to short. I ended up getting Arrow Crafts 10 hole adaptor for my 22.5's so I could make everything work.
I paid for overnight shipping on everything Cost a extra $300. But took almost a extra week because of bad information

Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Diesel Bomber

Dynatrac did nothing but try and "upgrade" me to something more expensive.......and that is why i went with EMS, plus they were great guys to deal with......now i just got to get my t-case fixed

Old 01-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 85 Likes on 63 Posts

That looks like a pretty nice setup. Solid is the only other one I know of offering a kit like that and the Dynatrac. Price on that one isn't bad at all either.

Hummin, what kind of mileage increase are you seeing overall?
JB

Last edited by ETXBlueRam; 01-12-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ETXBlueRam
That looks like a pretty nice setup. Solid is the only other one I know of offering a kit like that and the Dynatrac. Price on that one isn't bad at all either.

Hummin, what kind of mileage increase are you seeing overall?
JB
About 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 differance between when they are locked in vrs free wheeling.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 85 Likes on 63 Posts

That's not too bad, not to mention it frees up a bit of power not having the inherent parasitic drag. Every little bit helps these days. I sure miss the days of going across the border and buying diesel for 25cents a gallon in Mexico...

JB

Old 01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I can't tell from they're website,it looks like it's a kit for both the 2500/3500,but I dunno,will my stock dually adapters work?
Do you know Logan?
(if you can use the stock ones and need some I have an extra set)
Nevermind,I took my head out of my butt,I see that it's got the flange built into the 3500 one,I would rather have it so I could change it,like stock,but at least a person can get one for the 3500,last time I'd checked Dynatrac did not have a kit for the 3500.

Last edited by Mr.Krabs; 01-12-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Cranial rectal inverstion
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Diesel Bomber

here is how its broken down from what i understand.....

2003 and newer gets a completely new dually adapter built onto it like in the picture......

the 2002 and older trucks you got to get dually adapters from Arrow Craft at 250.00 or so a set (could possibly find used ones)........you got to machine the centers out of the factory ones and Eric said if you do that they leave them VERY thin and he does not recommend that.......NOW you can get bolt on 1997-older ford 8x6.5 lug pattern adapters and he said they will work but they are about an inch wider than factory per side.........

i got factory dodge adapters i bought for 75 bucks but im going to just keep them for something later........for less than 1200 bucks any guy with a dodge can get a free spin hub kit and then spend a couple hundred backs more and get a factory splined 1 piece axle and CAD delete kit........figure up the cost of all new hubs and CAD unit and all that stuff and your near the cost of the kit........and wheel bearings will no longer be $200-$400 a piece....they will be $10-$15 a piece and you can lube them when ever you want and adjust them regularly......

and like stated before they own Solid Axle.....

they are in the middle of updating all their stuff on the site so the best way is to just call them......

Old 01-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH
Dynatrac did nothing but try and "upgrade" me to something more expensive.......and that is why i went with EMS, plus they were great guys to deal with......now i just got to get my t-case fixed
what more could dyna have tried to upgrade/sell you on over this stuff from ems??? p.s. good to hear about EMS and your smooth transaction with them. it seems alot of companies cant give of damn about customer service before and even after a sale.

Search this Thread