Air Dog Visit - AIR DOG

Airdog Filter Cross Reference #'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

can we get somebody to put a sticky on this thread?

Old 12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

noone around here can get me the 2 i can only find the ten

Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Diesel Bomber

I just got off the phone with Air Dog tech line. I couldn't find anybody who carries Fleetguard where I live so they gave me a Baldwin cross reference for the 2 or 3 micron filter. He said it's a little longer in but will work and NAPA usually carries it.

OK, I'm editing this info for inaccuracies. I actually went to NAPA and they don't have Baldwin, they did however sell me a NAPA 3626 fuel filter. It works and is a 2 micron filter. I tried to use a Donaldson P551315 but the top of the filter is made different. But my Air Dog is still all jacked up and i just can't figure it out. Then inline fuse keeps blowing. I put new filters on, changed the fuse, relay, and checked my fuse box for other blown fuses. Nothing. No broken wires shortin out anywhere. I'm just at a loss as to what's wrong with the dang thing. The truck will start and run about 15 seconds before the fuse blows.

Last edited by AF1CUMMINS; 03-16-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by PureFlowTech
I do caution our customers from using any filters except our private label filters or their Fleetgard counterparts. Use of an incorrect filter could void your AirDog lifetime warranty.
Better be careful with those Baldwin filters!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Diesel Bomber

Well Air Dog is the people that gave me the number.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 AM

Hello Gents,

my first post here, good to find a new spot with diesel folk.

I was reading this thread and I see someone is having a problem in the cold weather.

All fuel in the winter up north will have problems when the temp drops low.

A good thing to do is install a Vacuum gauge at the Air Dog/Dahl Filter to watch the flow
and restriction.

Some people put a Vac Gauge in both locations, at the Dog/Dahl location then the stock filter location.

if you do the gauge at the dog/dahl you can see how the flow is going to the stock.

The new Stock Fuel Filters on the 7.3L PSD are shipping w/the 7 Micron filters now, before they were 10 micron. A little better.

In the winter you will need to change the 2 micron filters sooner as they do add some crap in the winter fuel.

If you add some Stanadyne to your fuel it will help it for sure.

I'm in S Florida and I run the Stanadyne year round every other tank most of the time.

If you do install a Vac Gauge on your dog/dahl to watch the system, install it inside the cab so you don't need to go under the rig all the time.

best to you all,

Russ

Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Air dog performance in the cold

This past winter, I wasn't running any cold weather diesel fuel additive because it had been prety warm. But, there was a week long Montana cold spell (-20's) when I was out of town and my truck had to sit all alone in the cold. When I got back, I plugged in the block heater overnight. In the morning the truck started right up, and idled fine. As I was scraping the snow from the windows, the idle started geting loappy like something with an agressive cam shaft. I checked out the fuel pressure warning light and it was glowing bright red. I shut down the engine and tried to thaw the fuel filters with my wife's hair dryer. Ater about an hour of trying to warm them and occasionally trying to run the fuel pump (by engaging the starter momentarily then releasing the key before the engine starts), I couldn't get the low pressure light to go out like it normally does when the Air Dog primes the system. I didn't want to risk ruining my freshly replaced VP44 from low lift pump pressure, so I had to just leave my truck to thaw out when nature decided it was time. Luccaly we had a couple of days in the 40's and that was all it took to melt the wax or gel or whatever had clogged up my Air Dog. I kind of had to learn the hard way that the Air dog doesn't have a fuel heating function specifically for the cold weather like the factory system did. I now know I need to run a good winter fuel additive all winter long. I doubt that a 10 micron filter would have ben enough to have "fixed" the diesel gelling in my fuel.

On a side note, when I drain the water trap on the Air Dog, sometimes I see what seems to look just like the Wallmart 2 cycle oil that I add during fillups. Isn't that stuf supposed to get mixed up when you add the fuel after dumping in a quart of 2 cycle oil? Do you guys think the water trap is sepperating it out because that stuf is heavier than diesel just like water?

Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 PM

OK all big business aside i just want to say i only buy my filters from Air Dog because they take such good care of there customers. Ron has helped me in the past with pump and filter problems even when it was my mistake. I will only deal with Air Dog when it comes to the care of my fuel system, and the 15 guys at my command that i have installed Air Dog pumps for are very loyal to them as well. Because they are not the typical warranty jerks.They ask simple questions and make things good right away. Simple answer is... spend the extra $1.35 wait a day and buy from Air Dog these people have done good by me and my friends and we love them for it. We even talk s__t on those who run other pumps. If you are worried about future changes just order early and have it on stand buy(JUST IN CASE)! I know im new to this site, but Air Dog Will do right buy you. Thanks if you read this and remember to be loyal to these American companies. And thanks Ron for all your help in the past.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Diesel Bomber

That'd be fine............if they'd only add a tab to their webpage where you could buy just filters instead of the whole system.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by NadirPoint
Better be careful with those Baldwin filters!
by far the stupidest post i've ever seen, probably even stupider than the kids that want to just make black smoke, I guess I'm a bit biased, but if baldwin is a good enough filter for the caterpillar engines or any engine brand on an oil rig where the engines run 24/7 for weeks on end I think they probably make a good enough filter to put on our pickups, or maybe the people that decide just want to skimp on the filters and put junk on the engines they rely on to make them millions of dollars

The following users liked this post:
big bad diesel 416 (11-28-2010)

Quick Reply: Airdog Filter Cross Reference #'s